Tuesday, December 1, 2009

in all her glory...

The hunt for a perfect tree begin Tuesday afternoon at 2:30, we searched high and low, left and right, up and down. Finally by 3:30 we were sippin' cocoa, nibbling on sugar cookies and warmin' up by the wood burning stove! We were pretty quick this year. It could have been that it was so cold we just all wanted to get out of there. So when Dad finally picked one he liked, we all happily agreed! I'm not sure it even made it out of the 30s...it was chilly!

Spencer found several trees that were "perfect" he would say. They were all squaty, short and fat and he would stand next to it and yell, "this one's perfect!" I tried to convince him that he wanted a big tall tree that touched the ceiling! When I finally changed his mind he pointed to a tree that was a good 100 feet tall and says, "OK, how 'bout that one?!" Funny Spencey...

Well there she is in all her glory ready to go home and be shaken, hosed down, bug bombed, shaken again and then finally brought in side for the kids to make beautiful!

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...