You have to buy at least 2 sunday papers. Some places sell them for $1.50 on Saturdays otherwise $2 (in my area!). Then you take the coupons inserts (Red Plum=RP, Smart Source=SS) Put the date on the front of them and file them by months.
Then you read the blogs. My frugal Adventures is my fav but she doesn't have Fred Meyers! So I also like discount Queen and Coupon Connection NW because they all my local stores. Don't get too many favs...it's too overwhelming! Find 2, 3 at most and read those blogs before you head to the store.
I wanted to stop at Walgreens after I dropped the kids off at school today. I read the blogs gathered up my coupons that the blogs told me to grab and I was ready.
Here is an example:
They told me there was a Walgreens coupon for toothpaste - .99 and then a manufactures coupon for -.75 do the math- Collgate toothpaste (my kids aren't picky) for .24, you can't beat that! Then Kotex pads were on sale for 3.49, they told me where to get the $1 off coupon bringing it down to 2.49 and then at the end it spits out a Register Rewards (exclusive to Walgreens)for $2.50...I just made a penny on the deal! Well I do, cuz I don't pay tax! What are Reg Rewards? They are a coupon off your next order so I bought all things that had Reg Rewards and then my next transaction was paid for by them.
So in coupon blog world this is how it would read:
Kotex U 14-18 ct pads, 50-60 ct liners, 18 tampons $3.49
Use $1/1 from 4/18 SS insert
You will pay $2.49 plus tax and then you will get $2.50 in a Register Reward for next transaction.
Huggies Jumbo Pack diapers $8.99
Use $3/1 HEREYou will pay $2.49 plus tax and then you will get $2.50 in a Register Reward for next transaction.
Huggies Jumbo Pack diapers $8.99
Final Price: $5.99
Colgate Total Toothpaste 4oz or Wave Toothbrush $2.99
Get $2 Register Reward
Use .75/1 HERE (Colgate Total)
Final Price: .24Last week they told me Ziploc bags were on sale for 1.99 at Rite Aid and where to find the B1G1 (coupon world that means buy one get one free). So 4 boxes for $3.98 and then they I read about SC Johnson's $5 rebate when you buy 3 SC Johnson products...so I make $2.02 just for buying 4 boxes of something that I use EVERY DAY!
Mike only likes the 5 blade razors...you know, the expensive ones! They were on sale for $8.99 with a $6 Single Check Rebate (SCR. these are exclusive to Rite Aid) making them $3, yup I had a $3 off coupon, yup I just made another penny! I like their SCR, you go to their website they ask for your recite # transaction # and register #...10 seconds and then you are done they mail you a check once a month with all of your SCR on it.
I'm not crazy like some of those girls!! I only want to do what is convent for me. I don't have a Rite Aid super close and it is not on my way to anywhere, so I will probably only do those deals if it is something I really need!
So yeah most of the screaming deals you find aren't on FOOD but more health and beauty products. You do though, if store ads have coupons and you can stack it with a manufatures coupon then it's a good deal. Like for instance, I wouldn't normal buy TGIFridays chips but they are on sale for .88 and I have a $1.50 coupon so yeah I am going to get them instead of my $2-3 doritos this week. Cereal I never pay more than a $1 for now. I have gotten if for .40...yes name brand not the jumbo box but medium sized box. Albertsons is my favorite place to get cereal. They do this deal every few months buy 5 boxes and get $5 off your total, no limit. They always put them on sale that week so you'll buy more and I always save cereal coupons. So yes
I will go to the store and just buy 20 boxes of cereal. This week it was Quaker Granola bars...I bought 25 boxes...hello year supply! My kids eat these in their lunch everyday and they were on sale for $1. At Freds Halls cough drops on sale $1 I have a $1 off coupon, I'll need them some time right?
Also Companies will offer Catalinas, they are, for example, if you buy 3 of some product they give you a $3 off your next trip to that store. Also, If you have an iPhone, there is an app called
cellfire. Signup and you can load coupons onto your stores rewards card. There are lots of coupon sites but the blogs cover that, you can print them or load them onto your card but when it comes down to it you have to get that darn Sunday papers and file those coupons...Any Questions?
I have a massive head ache so I apologize now for the 100 mistakes, but I don't feel like rereading this...this is just an FYI not a book entry for me :)!
Oh I just had to add my best deal ever: I bought 9 bottles of Scrubbing Bubbles (shower cleaner, toilet cleaner, all purpose etc...) at Target for 2.50-3.50 so lets just say $3 a bottle, that $27 I
had a coupon for all of them that brought it down to $18. Target offered a $5 off ever 3 you buy. that bought it down to $3. SC Johnson rebate ($5 when you buy 3) comes into play I get $10 back (max 3 per household and I already used one for the Ziplocs). So for a year supply of Scrubbing Bubbles, figuring out the actual price of each one I came up with actually making $8.12!
2 comments:
Busy girl aren't' you? :)
Can I just tell you, that made me really dizzy reading all of that! But good for you, you go girl! I'm very impressed!!! (Your family is so adorable, wish we could see them!)
love,
Aunt Lulu
Post a Comment