Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Yawn fest 2010

I realize it may look like we are all yawning but this was actually very interesting! This is the Kennecott Copper Mine. It is the largest copper mine ever, producing 18.1 million tons of copper per year and there are other byproducts, like gold, silver etc!! They said you can actually see this mine from space because it is so big! They donated all the gold, silver and copper to the SLC 2002 Olympics to make the medals...Anyways I thought it was interesting and this was one thing on Papa's 'Utah to do list' so when our long vacation brought us to Yaya and Papa's new house in Utah this is the first place we hit!! (Much to Aunt Sarah's dismay! She thought it was super boring!) So here is the mine! Those little tiny specks you see down there are giant trucks. They are so big that they require wheels the size of the one seen behind us! Fun little hidden treasures of Utah :)

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...