On July 31 Mom was in for the surprise of her life. Mark and Deanne who have been living in Arkansas for that last 6ish-7 years decided to move to Oregon. They decided to not tell Mom and let it be a big surprise. So when Mom got back from Idaho (she stayed a day longer than us), everyone came to Pam's and gathered on the back patio. When Mom walked back there she said, "what's going on, what's everyone doing here?!" Then she paused a second and saw Mark mixed into this crowd, "WHA...WHA...WHAT are you doing here??!!" In tears and so confused, she sees Deanne pop out from around the corner. More tears... more confusion...mass hysteria...cats and dogs, living together. It was just craziness. She looks around and sees all of Mark and Deanne's 6 kids and I don't think she could have been more surprised and more excited.
Kaylee has been thrilled to have her cousin Jamie around. They have never met before but you wouldn't know. They are the best of friends and they have not left each other's side. Well except for when we made them, which only brought tears, but they did live. They either sleep here together or at Grandma's together. Deanne said that when people would ask Jamie if she was excited to move to Oregon she would tell them, "Yes, I have a girl cousin and we are going to have sleepovers at my Grandma's house!"
Jake is finding a new friend in Hunter. It took them a little longer to warm up to each other but they have become lego buddies and have also had their fair share of sleepovers! Hunter is 11, I hope he doesn't "outgrow" Jake too soon!
Spencer could have a buddy if he wasn't such a bully. Luke is 3 just like Spencer and maybe someday they will find some common ground and decide they can get along! I'm hopeful :)
And as for Mike, he has ONE of his favorite brother-in-laws here. They are the perfect match, two pees in a pod. They are both very ornery and stubborn. Like I said 2 pees in a pod :)!
And as for Me, I have another sister in Oregon, I couldn't be more delighted. Also I now have a couple more babysitters :)! OH, I love good babysitters!
I would post the video of the big surprise but last time I tried that 20 hours later it still had not loaded, so, if you want to see the video you will have to go to Mike's Facebook page. And I will have to take some pictures of all the kids together soon! Now we just need to get Nicky to move here, he he he...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finding Joy
As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...
-
I can't let a year go by and not go see my tulips! This trip was a spontaneous trip because the weather was nice and we're homesch...
-
Oh looky here, a hammock that works. It must be comfy too...nighty night Eric. The second half of our McCall trip was our annual camping tr...
-
Here was the "party" (I use that term loosely). Aubree wasn't a fan of diggin in the cake. She just refused. I don't ...
No comments:
Post a Comment