Wednesday, September 8, 2010

school's back in session...

Kaylee is a big 4th grader this year and along with not getting the teacher she wanted, none of her friends are in her class. Needless to say, she's not thrilled about the school year. When I picked her up today from school the first thing she says to me, "I want to be home schooled!" I guess she had a GREAT day :)!
Jake is lucky, in 2nd grade at Gaffney Lane it's impossible to get a bad teacher. All 2nd grade teachers there are great. He has Mrs. Lee-Bar which is who Kaylee had and she absolutely adored her! It's always hard for me to drop off Jake though. He just looks so lost in this big classroom. He is not one to ask for help or direction when needed! He'd rather sit alone than sit by someone he doesn't know. He'd play all by himself before he would ask another boy to play with him! When I left him there I asked him if he was ok and he said all red eyed, "yeah, I'm ok." I wasn't convinced but I gave him two more squeezes and another kiss and said good-bye. Then walked away crying, just like the last two years :( When I picked him up, he couldn't stop talking about how great and fun his day was. "Second grade is going to be fun mom!!" Spencer, oh Spencer...we left Gaffney Lane and headed home. Spencer started having a fit, "it's my turn to go to school", he says. "Don't go home mom we have to go to my school now!!" He carried his backpack around all morning, he wouldn't leave it in the car when we walked Jake and Kaylee in, He wanted to stay prepared!
We got home and Spencer wouldn't get out of the car. He just wanted to wait for school to start. He wanted me to bring him his breakfast out to the car, so I did. What do you do when someone is so excited! Finally 30 mins later, when I realized he really was not going to get out of the car, I just decided to go, I drove slowly, took my time to park and walked him in. He is a funny boy, he was so excited..."Bye Mom!!" No hesitation, so Aubree and I hung out for a minute but he could care less we were there. It's going to be a good year!

1 comment:

Papa-Yaya said...

They look so grown up, now I feel older than ever. I hope Kay made some new friends, I know she will, who would not want to be her friend :)))

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...