I was so mad that my laziness caused me to blow off making applesauce this fall and now my kids have been asking for applesauce lately. Then the other day on my way home I decided to take a different route, to change things up a bit, add some spice to my life...ok not really. Anyway, I think we are digressing here! Back to my point, my new route took me past Spicer Brothers, our local produce store and on the reader board was a sign; apples .39/pound. Laziness prevented me from stopping but I did call my mom and ask them for their number, or maybe I told her to call them for me :)! Instead she went down there and got them for me because she is just sweet like that, I love my mom! They sold her a 32+ pound box for $9, that came out to be less than .30/pound! And to think this fall I would have spent twice that, blessings blessings blessings!

Spencer of course had to stop and make faces, because he is Spencer!
The boys were my happy helpers, as soon as the next batch was ready they would come running. I thought after the first batch or 2 they would be bored. Not so, at about batch 3 I didn't bother calling them down and I started mashing and turning and Jake came downstairs and saw me doing it, "MOM! What are you doing? SPENCER! Hurry next batch is ready!" My cute little modern day pioneers. P.S., yes that is Kaylee in the background on the stairs playing with her iPod. Somethings never change!


1 comment:
Spencer cracks me up!
Post a Comment