Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Babe...

For Mike's birthday, waaaaaay back in October we went to the coast for the weekend. And the coast did just like the coast usually does for us this time of year, it shined!! It was a beautiful weekend and the kids had a blast. We managed to hide Jamie in the trunk and sneak her along :)! The kids had a blast on the beach and down in the tide pools, we found a couple star fish and other little creatures. I think Jake found a few little hermit crabs...The kids wanted to take Jamie to the haunted lighthouse, I think they hoped it would scare her...yeah it's just not all that scary! We, of course, got in plenty of swim time, thank goodness for the indoor pool, they didn't always have one here!So this bird was our friend, he sat on this post right outside our window the entire weekend! One night it was really windy and I looked out there and he was still sitting there. He was all hunched down and trying so hard to stay up there. The kids started throwing him bread by the end of the trip, maybe that's what he was hoping for all along!Happy birthday Honey, I love you!! I hope you had a good birthday weekend :)!!

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...