Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Wonder Wolf:

Jake just started Cub Scouts, and is enjoying it thus far! He brought home his book the first week and wanted to pass the entire book off right then and there...if only I could bottle that enthusiasm for when it's time for him to work on his Eagle.
Since our Cub Scout group was so small we have combined with the other 2 wards that meet in our building. That makes for a perfect sized group of boys. Sister Sharon Bangerter (ones of Grandmas GREAT friends) and Sister Jeana Kennon are his scout leaders and they seem to have a lot of fun with the boys. Tonight they had a back to the future theme so each of the boys did a skit from different eras, the Wolves were cowboys, that's where this hat comes in that he is wearing.
For becoming a wolf and for getting his Bobcat award, I got to paint his face, woo hoo...fun for me, not so fun for Jay! Thankfully my friend Jennifer knows Jake well and knows that he can't handle surprises and doesn't do well with being caught off guard so she warned me of this ahead of time. THANK YOU JENNIFER! He wasn't thrilled about the idea, but I at least had a week to prep him. Luckily he wasn't the only boy either, his friend from soccer, Bryson also got the privilege of getting his face painted too.
I am so proud of Jake that he is really getting out there, finally doing sports, finally making friends and becoming such a great kid. I love you Jakey and I was very proud of you tonight too!

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...