Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Terrific Kid Kaylee:

Today was a big Day for Kaylee too! She received the Kiwanis Terrific Kid award. Each teacher nominates one student from their class and Mrs. Carey picked the one and only Kaylee Edson. She was very excited to tell me about this.  She picked out her cute outfit and everything for this exciting day :)! She really deserved this award, she has been working her tail off in this very difficult class she is in. We had a rough start to 4th grade but now that we understand Mrs. Carey's "system" (and I use that word loosely!!) she has really been trucking along. She has been getting a "road to success" slip EVERY week, which means she is getting all of her work in, getting it in on time, and is doing it correctly. I wasn't sure if we were going to survive the 4th grade but I think we did it, the year's not over yet but close enough for me!
Good job Kaylee I was very proud of you today!!

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...