Spencer misses the kindergarten cut off date by 6 days and to be honest, we can't afford preschool this year. With little overtime at Mike's work we are having to rework the el bugetO! Spencer however is very looking forward to kindergarten, we thought we could get him in but that didn't pan out so I told him he was going to do homeschooling like Kaylee, it worked! He's excited for his homeschooling adventure!
So lil' Chickadees was born and I'm redecorating and collecting craft stuff like crazy. It's funny how the word gets out fast and friends are so nice to start donating to the cause! Now if only I could find some preschoolers!
Ok this is where I was going with this post...anywho...vacation, so yes, we stopped at my cousin Kerstin's and had a good time. Then the next day we headed on to Utah. Only to get back in the car the next day and drive another 4 hours to go camping with the Whites! We headed up to Goblin Valley.
Aubree and Lucy were so cute. Aubree tried to mother her the whole time, I'm surprised Lucy put up with it!! They were so cute.
Here is a lizard the boys found. It only took them about 35 mins to catch the poor thing, and only about five mins to kill it. I think it was so scared it just gave up...survival mode! They played with it for a few minutes until they thought up a great plan. BOYS!! They decided it would be fun to catapult it in a giant sling shot up the hill. It did live, I don't know for how long but it did run as fast as it's little legs could carry him up the rocks!!
There are these giant rock formations all over. It's so pretty but what do boys do when they see rocks? They climb them. And they climb to the top of them and have no fear. Mike and I tried so hard to not panic as they kept climbing higher and higher. Spencer wanted to climb too, this is about as high as I would let him climb...this is actually pretty high up, I'm zoomed in pretty good. They should have named this place Boy Heaven!
So this was a nice big two room tent with plenty of space for 9 kids (5 Whites + 4 Edsons). However, when we came back from a little adventure, it was completely destroyed; blowen over, stakes pulled out, poles snaped, rain fly torn...destroyed!
We couldn't believe how tore up it was! The wind picks up pretty good there! So the next best options (yes this was on day one!!) was put them all in the Sequoias!
We took out all the seats and threw an air mattress in the back of each of them and called it good!! The Whites Sequoia was the boy car and ours was the girl car!
Nighty-night boys!
Here are the little book worms. Nothing like relaxing with a good book while camping with your BFF!
Here we all are on our hike up the valley. It was very warm that day but the rocks made for some great shade and beautiful scenery!!



Aubree does this mean you're done? Good night!




No comments:
Post a Comment