I think that it is pretty safe to say that the Lord knows us all pretty well. One of the things that the Lord knows about me is, I don't deal well with change.
For some time now I have worked in the Relief Society presidency and have been greatly blessed because of it. I believe that this calling is what sustained me through Mike having to work on Sundays. In many ways this calling has kept me actively serving my "sisters." Through this time I have found a greater love for the organization of the Relief society. I have seen it in it's magnitude. I have received countless blessings from it. I have served with amazing ladies who I don't think I would have gotten to know had it not been for this calling. I love them with all my heart and can truly call them my sisters! I am grateful for their testimonies of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for their example. They are compassionate and loving.
A couple weeks ago I had an impression that there might be a change coming in my church calling. I knew that in time I would be asked to serve somewhere else in the church. That is why I say the Lord knows me. He knew I needed a few weeks to mentally prepare for this. Well my feeling was confirmed a couple nights ago when the bishop stopped by. It was with a heavy heart that I agreed to take a new calling as a teacher in Primary. Not that I don't love our primary children but the Relief Society has just been a great source of joy and I am sad to leave. Of course I feel a big weight lifted from my shoulders and I am excited to teach these little 5/6 year olds, but I will greatly miss Relief Society and my sisters there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finding Joy
As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...
-
I can't let a year go by and not go see my tulips! This trip was a spontaneous trip because the weather was nice and we're homesch...
-
Oh looky here, a hammock that works. It must be comfy too...nighty night Eric. The second half of our McCall trip was our annual camping tr...
-
Here was the "party" (I use that term loosely). Aubree wasn't a fan of diggin in the cake. She just refused. I don't ...
4 comments:
ha ha!!!!! now you'll be stuck in the primary like me FOREVER!!!!!! i say that in my booming low voice.
Primary will be so lucky to have you!! I'm sure you will be very missed in RS.
You will be greatly missed in RS. I think that is how we got to know each other? Actually, I can't for the life of me think how we started to become friends. You will do wonderful in Primary. I am thankful for your example of missionary work, scripture reading and testimony. I love you my friend.
Kelli...I have had so much fun working with you on enrichment! I will miss that. We will still be working together, but in not quite the same capacity. But I am SO grateful for your new primary calling. You and Susan are just perfect! Love you!
-Kate
Post a Comment