Wednesday, May 7, 2008

bff

Kaylee has this best friend. I know we have talked about her before. Her Name is Naomi and she lives in Utah. She really wanted Kaylee to be there for her baptism, but course, how would we work that out? Kaylee could never fly alone and we can't afford to all go. Then a few weeks ago my mom say, oh you know we are going to Utah the 1st of May don't you? Well how would I know that, but I am sure you can imagine my excitement. I called Na's Mom Emily and told her the good news and she said, yeah send her our way. We decided it would be fun to surprise Naomi and not tell her Kaylee was coming. To make sure Kaylee didn't slip up and tell Naomi over the phone we didn't tell Kaylee until about 2 days before. She was so excited as you can imagine. Well I guess Na was surprise. Kaylee met her at her bus stop and for a min, Naomi could figure out who that cute girl was standing with her mom. I think she was totally in shock. I am so glad that I sent her. They just had the most amazing week. Naomi had her birthday party on Friday and then Saturday was her baptism. We would call Kay every night and she just sounded like she was in kid heaven!
Then on Monday she got to go see her cousins William and Lili and she said she had fun. Despite what Aunt Sarah says. They went to Kangaroo Zoo and then had to go get ice cream to to calm Kaylee and William cuz they hit head pretty hard. Kaylee said "we hit so hard that is squished part of my brain, it felt so weird!" When they went back to the house Lili pooped on the kitchen floor, and here was Kaylee's comment on that, "It was so gross mom I almost threw up. Well not really, I didn't almost throw up but it was so gross, that I wanted to!"
Tuesday she spent again with Naomi for a little bit until she went to my sister Nicole's house. She is there now, but finally home sick. Luckily she comes home tomorrow. She called the other night very sad and when I asked her if there was anything that would make her feel better she said, "A kiss would make me feel better but you are too far away." It broke my heart, so we had to settle for blowing kisses through the phone. I do miss her so much! I told her when she comes home I was going to hug and kiss her ALL day. She told me she was OK with that and then the next day she was going to hug and kiss me all day. I am sure when she gets home she will just be missing her B.F.F. and want to go back, but until then I will enjoy the moment that she misses Mommy!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

thanks for telling everyone how my daughter pooped all over the kitchen floor. In poor Lily's defense, she did have some diahriah and so its hard to keep that in. i guess that just makes it sound grosser. oh well! thanks alot!

Erin said...

Oh wow, you have been a busy blogger! Good for you. I remember Naomi from Elk Grove. How cute (and amazing) that they are still friends. Kaylee is better at keeping in touch with old friends than I am!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...