Tuesday, May 6, 2008

boys and bugs

I am not so sure what it is about boys and bugs. What is the fascination? We have ants coming in under the sliding glass door, and Spencer seems to have found them. I don't know how he even saw them. I guess when you are only a foot from the ground and you have young eyes...He followed this one ant across the floor and up the wall, then back down the wall. All to just finally step on him and

squish him. I didn't mind the squishing part. But all that following just to finally kill the thing?

I remember in our apartment in California that Jake us to do this same thing. He would find an ant and just play with it forever. He was probably the same age too...silly boys!







No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...