Tuesday, May 6, 2008

look! no training wheels




Jake is so proud of himself and rightfully so...He learned to ride a two wheeler. He said on Saturday, "Maybe we should take my training wheels off." So we did and practised for about 20 mins until we both got tired. He was doing pretty good but I couldn't let go yet. Then Monday it was nice and so we gave it a shot again. About 5 mins later he had it down and he was so excited!! He wanted to call my friends Susan and tell her the good news. She was the one that told him that if he practiced he would have it down in no time! When we called she didn't answer so I asked him if he wanted to try and ride to her house and to see if they were outside. He rode all the to their house with no problem. Lucky for us Susan and the kids were outside and Susan being the good mom that she is, showed great excitement for Jake :)!! After dinner he wanted to go for a bike ride so we rode our bikes all over and didn't get home until almost 9. The next morning at 8 am..."Mom can we go ride bikes?"

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hip Hip Horray! Go Jake Go!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...