Tuesday, April 29, 2008

you think you are so cleaver

Mom thinks she is so cleaver the other night we knew she was up to something. When we asked what was for dinner she told us it was a surprise. That can't be a good thing right. She asked us to set the table and get things ready for dinner, so we did and then here came the surprise...She told us this story about Sponge Bob. She said she called him up was able to get his secret Crabby Patty recipe. She told us how she had to swear that she wouldn't give the recipe to ANYONE! Especially Plankton! She went on for a min and then said, "Here is the secret Crabby Patty recipe, enjoy!!!" That was a preposterous story, did she actually except us to buy that? Sponge Bob would NEVER give out his recipe, who does she think we are?! A bunch of little kids?! And hasn't she watched Sponge Bob lately, Crabby Patties don't come in ball form on a toothpick. Did she think just cuz she put them on colorful sticks, we would think it was cool or something? Lets get real.
Upon some investigating we think this stuff may be called meatloaf....oooow. A LOAF of meat? I heard Mom talking to Dad about how as a kid she loved meatloaf and she thought with a little creativity she could get us to like it too...well not a chance! She did seem to fool Spencer, but he is a baby. Not us, we know better! I don't even think Dad bought the story, he seemed to be choking them down as he was telling us we'd better eat.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love meatloaf too! Lets make those Crabby Patties together!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...