Wednesday, December 31, 2008

weird kid?

Disclaimer: We are not a fast food family, we rarely eat fast food. But on that note...
Spencer and I were in the store today and some guy was eating french fries and Spencer was having a fit...It took me a min to figure out what it was he wanted but I got it, he wanted his fries. Then as we are leaving the store he sees McDonald's across the parking lot and again starts freaking out. I couldn't believe he saw the golden arches and knew that meant french fries.
On the flip side...Our next stop was the grocery store. I bagged up some broccoli and Spencer started having a fit saying, "ucly, ucly!!" "What, you want some broccoli?" says mom. "Yeah!" replied Spencer! So I handed him a thing of broccoli and away he went...

And he didn't stop until it was gone. We got lots of laughs in the store today. Everyone kept saying, "Oh my gosh...he's eating a thing of broccoli!" It was a fun day at the store.

PS-I never thought in a million years that I would be taking a picture of an eaten stem of broccoli...does anyone feel like I do? If I didn't blog, I wouldn't take half the pics I do? All for the sake of blogging and painting that mental picture for all of you...how thoughtful am I?!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

wow i wish my kids were that weird.... all Lily will eat is macaroni and cheese and french fries. your lucky!!!!

Jennifer said...

That is why I love Spencer! Thanks for the laughs and the pictures!

Sarah said...

wow 18 days!!!!! crazy. i bet you have her in 12 days. ps. i like the name Sarah! just FYI.. and "your welcome!"

Heather said...

Love the photo of him & the broccoli. You could submit this posting to the broccoli growers of the world ... that's some pretty awesome advertising!
I'm with you, I wouldn't take 3/4 the photos that I do if it weren't for the blog.

Desiree said...

This is so funny! At least he was able to curb his french fry cravings for some broccoli!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...