Sunday, February 1, 2009

...So it's Jan 30th (Thurs. night/Friday morning) at about 3:30 am. I gotta go to work in about 2 1/2 hours. Yes, it's my Friday...I love Fridays cause I don't have to work on Saturday. Yes...Friday is ACTUALLY my Friday. So, I am getting about the best sleep that I have gotten in about two weeks. I am woken by Kelli yelling "My water broke!!" She was dead asleep also when that happened. No contractions, no nothin'...But her water broke and that brought her out of her slumber. So I jump out of bed and I come to and Kelli doesn't seem to anxious. She runs into the bathroom to get some stuff together. She says "Call my mom and tell her to come over." So, I call my mother in law and my father in law answers the phone..."Hello?" he says. "Hey, is mom there?" I say. He answers back, "Well, where else would she be?" OK, I'm too asleep for this crap so I say, "Just tell her to get over here...And quick." He says, "OK, she's coming."
Mom comes over and we take off to the hospital. We get there at 4:00 am and they put Kelli and I in a room to get ready. She isn't really having bad contractions, but they have started a little. This is a good thing as she doesn't want to be induced. So, the contractions are comin', just not very strong. Kelli tries to take a bath cause there is one in the room we are in. The contractions are getting better, but not too bad and not too close either really. Maybe fifteen minutes apart or so. Finally at 6:00 am she starts to have some good ones. She is still in the bathtub. She needs to get into the bed now cause she says it's about that time. So for about fifteen minutes or more we are trying to get her from the tub to the bed.
She finally gets to the bed and starts to sit down when she says..."Oh crap, here she comes." The nurse takes a quick look and then gets on her little radio, "OK, we're having a baby in room 10." The midwife breaks through the door to the room and just barely gets her gloves on in time to say, "WOW, ok...there is the head." The baby's head is out and now you can see the cord wrapped around the baby's neck and one shoulder. The midwife seems a little concerned and says, "Ok, the cord is wrapped a little bit, so I need you to give me a couple of REALLY good pushes." Kelli pushes one time, and that might have been it. POOF...POW...SQUIRT...Little baby Aubree is now a part of this world. Little Baby Aubree is sooooo cute and, of course, daddy starts to cry a little. She is the cutest little baby in the world, besides baby Kaylee, Jake, and Spencer... It's 6:45 am and little Baby Aubree weighs in at exactly 8 lbs and is 20 1/2 inches long.



Little Baby Aubree is a happy baby and is doing great...

She had lots of visitors to include her favorite brothers and sister...
Aunt Pam, Bultez Grandma & Grandpa, GG, Uncle Shawn, Aunt Boni, Little Shawn, Lexi, Jennifer and Alison Davis, Boni Squires, and Sally Wishoff came by the hospital to visit also...


These kids are the goofiest kids I know. We love them so much. Don't know what we'd do without them...


Of course, Kaylee is a little baby hog. She wants to always hold the baby and she doesn't want anyone to get a turn. Kelli told her that she had to learn to change a diaper. Kaylee said "Well, I'm not changing poopy diapers!" Kaylee, only 8 years old, and already trying to negotiate her duties.


Jake was holding Aubree and was being the best big brother in the world. He was being such a cutie. As he was holding the baby he started saying in a little voice "Don't worry little Aubree, I'll take good care of you." A lot of what he was saying we couldn't hear. It was in a little quiet voice and was so cute. He will be such a good big brother. I'm so proud of him.

Then there is Spencer...
Spencer loved the baby. He wanted to kiss the baby and hug the baby and love the baby. I asked Spence if he liked the baby...He said "Yeah!" I asked him if the baby was beautiful...He said "Yeah!" I asked him if he wanted the baby to come home with him...He said, "NOOOO!!" I think someone is in for a rude awakening...
I've gotten a stuffed puppy for every kid when they were born. Here is Aubree with hers.
Baby Aubree...Born Jan 30th at 6:45 am. 8 lbs even and 20 1/2 inches long.

10 comments:

Papa-Yaya said...

She is sooo sweet!! Can't wait to see ya! Nice job Mike, you should do stuff on the blog more often.

Kate said...

CONGRATULATIONS you guys!!! She is so cute!

Desiree said...

I'm so happy for you guys, and it sounds like it was a pretty quick delivery. Congratulations, and I love the name and the story behind it, very cute!

Sarah said...

soooo cute about Jake. He is such a sweetheart!! i love that. I think she resembles him more than anyone. At least that was my thought from the good pics of her looking at the camera. That made me laugh about spencer though. what a freaken funny kid! i wonder if lily will be that way.. although all she does is kiss and hug babies and stare at them when they are around.. so hopefully not. She put a newborn diaper i got in the mail the other day on one of her build a bears.. "do you have a poopy diaper?.. let me cahnge that for you.. good bear!!! she says in the quiet of her room. its so cute what kids think of babies.

Erin said...

Yay! She's here (okay, there)! Congrats to all of you. And good job on the recap, Mike. Lots of details for us women who love birth stories. How great that she eventually came on her own and was so healthy and perfectly beautiful. Enjoy!

Tara said...

She is adorable!! Congratulations! And wow Kelli, you are a super birther, just over 3 hours in labor thats awesome. I hope my next birth goes so smoothly. Hope you are all doing well and enjoying your new little princess.

Heather said...

It's fun reading the day's events from Mike's perspective.
You two make REALLY CUTE kids!

Jennifer said...

I love the picture of the kids with Aubree. Spencer's hair and shirt, Kaylee's eyes, and then Jake staring right at the camera with a big grin!

Maughan"sters" said...

POOF, POW, SQUIRT!?!?!?
I hope that is Mike describing labor! If that's all it was...
She's cute!

Becky said...

Congratulations on baby Aubree! She IS so cute, just like you said! I'm glad I checked up on your blog to find the good news. Now, go get some sleep!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...