Mike and I are just lame maybe...we told the kids there was no such things as a giant bunny that hides eggs and delivers baskets. We pulled a new little something for each of them out of a shopping bag after church. Then hid a few eggs upstairs while they were eating lunch. I didn't buy new clothes for them this year...no chocolate bunnies...no baskets and NO GRASS...I think I just might be a bad mom :)!
I did, however do a nice little family night activity on the meaning of Easter and had a "spiritual" egg hunt. The kids had fun and learned something new....
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
you might be a bad mom if...
Mikayla (Kaylee's friend), Kay and Dakota (Kaylee's cousin) dying eggs...
Are you a bad mom if you think Easter TRADITIONS are really dumb? I hate Easter traditions. I am not even sure why I conform and participate. I buy 3 dozen eggs and boil them so the kids wont eat them...they are yucky! But they do have fun dying them but the dye makes a huge mess! Then they go to church with dyed, nasty looking fingers the next day. Then there is the Easter basket...why are kids getting a basket full of candy and presents? And these are delivered by a giant bunny...what in the world!? There is a giant bunny out there somewhere?! Does that represent something? And don't get me started on the grass you have to put in the basket. It seems like 6 months after Easter I am still vacuuming it up! It's so annoying! Then we have to buy cute new Easter clothes for church, unless you are a true Molly Mormon then you make all new cute Easter clothes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finding Joy
As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...
-
I can't let a year go by and not go see my tulips! This trip was a spontaneous trip because the weather was nice and we're homesch...
-
Oh looky here, a hammock that works. It must be comfy too...nighty night Eric. The second half of our McCall trip was our annual camping tr...
-
Here was the "party" (I use that term loosely). Aubree wasn't a fan of diggin in the cake. She just refused. I don't ...
7 comments:
Good for you! And yes, I will be careful from now on what I ask you to pray for...
So there! What are you talking about? 1. Grass is not necessary. Never have used it. 2. Dying eggs, don't do it. Never have. I tell them they don't eat them so they don't get to do them. 3. Now our kids can't play together because yours will tell mine there is no Bunny! 4. Bad at Easter, yes. Bad mom, never! Love ya!
are you saying "so there" to me? im confused.. are you angry or something.
i debated this year if i was going to swing that stupid easter bunny thing as well.... i tell myself every holiday with pretend people who give my children gifts and get all the credit even though it came out of my pocket money that its not fair.
christmas time i get mad that a fat man that does home invasions gets all the credit for gifts is stupid and he only gets credit for one gift now.
so why should a stupid rabbit get the same credit?
i guess there excitement from what they "heard" somewhere about an easter bunny coming... stopped me from killing the dream. oh well, maybe hell just come and hide eggs and ill get the credit for the stash i buy them.
amen, on the eggs! what the hell! Who likes hard boiled eggs anyways, they are just sitting in my stupid fridge getting gross. i should throw them out... but i take after Ralph and cant find it in my heart to chuck em.
OK you two, the answer to your "why do we do this" question is for the GRANDPARENTS! Us Grandmas and Grandpas love to be involved in these things with the kids and we don't care what the parents think! so there! (P.S., your kids are adorable!)
love, Aunt Lulu
I hear ya. Randy and I every year question what the deal is with the easter bunny. Really? A big bunny? We downplay it as much as possible, so I bet our kids know that we do the baskets. We skipped the grass this year too. Egg hunt? Yes, that's fun! But I sure will have a hard time losing an ounce of this baby weight until we get rid of all these darn plastic eggs filled with chocolate and jelly beans!
i threw out the eggs......
Good for you. I think the bunny is dumb and always have. (slightly creepy as well - I don't want some giant bunny in my house!) Way to make it meaningful! : )
Post a Comment