Monday, June 15, 2009

1 down 5 more to go...


We took the kids and drug Kyle along for our first camping adventure of the year to Champoeg (pronounced shampooey). Much to the kids surprise and delight it only took us 30 mins to get there. When we pulled up and I told them we were here, they said, "We're here? Already? This is our favorite camping place ever." Yeah they don't like car rides...can you tell?!
We played frisbee golf and baseball, rode our scooters all around, got ice cream at the oldest operating store in Oregon, visited a museum on the history of Champoeg. It was very interesting. It was just a quick trip but it was fun. The only issue we had was there was no 'beach' by the river, so the boys didn't get their rock throwing in! You could see the river we just couldn't figure out how to get the the edge of it. Spencer kept saying, "I want to fow wocks in the riber mom!"
OOO and of course we made s'mores...I almost forgot!

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...