Saturday, June 27, 2009

oc relay

This weekend was the American Cancer Society Relay For Life. We kicked off the day with a lap from the cancer survivors and then the festivities began. The kids got to meet the firefighters, get their face painted, ate candy to their hearts content (this also included otter pops, root beer floats and their all time fav, COTTON CANDY!), they rode bikes, scooters and they were even pulled in a wagon around the track several times! I think they had a good time. Our team has raised almost $2,000, and the entire event has so far raised over $61,000.
I wish I got more pictures. I forget to get my camera out. Yeah I know...me? I forgot to bust out the camera? I was disappointed myself!It was a busy day though and a little warm. But the kids were real troopers and great supporters! It was a long day for me and the kids but we made it...well we didn't really make it. We didn't spend the night this year, we left at 9 and returned the next morning for closing ceremonies at 8:30. Our team won for 'Best Theme'. Yay us! We were The Breakfast Club (this years theme was "80's Tour for a Cure"). I was happy we got to participate again this year...it's always a feel good day, with lots of feel good goose bumps!
PS - thank-you all that donated to my cause :)!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am so glad our boys like each other so much! Nothing like a feel good day with kids happily playing.

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...