Saturday, September 19, 2009
holy moly
I bought 2, 6 inch tomato starters in the spring. I thought I would test out what Will Smith's character told some lady about bananas in that movie 7 pounds. He told her to put banana peels in her rose garden and they would grow faster or something. I put a peeling in one plant and two weeks later it tripled in size so I decided to put another peel in the other. These tomato plants have taken over my back yard. I had to move my bell peppers that were planted in the middle of these two plants. It over took the pees, I just left them there, the vines were too tangled around them, the vines are going out the back side of my fence with plenty of tomatoes for the neighbors, to the left of the plants are stairs, and they go all the way down the stairs and into the grass. Oh and I have not watered them in at least a month. I have only watered them maybe a handful of times all summer long. I figured they were doing just fine on there own and I didn't need them to get any bigger! Yeah I know I live in Oregon and it rains from time to time, but I have had to water everything else. Next year I think I will have to buy bigger tomato cages!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finding Joy
As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...
-
I can't let a year go by and not go see my tulips! This trip was a spontaneous trip because the weather was nice and we're homesch...
-
Oh looky here, a hammock that works. It must be comfy too...nighty night Eric. The second half of our McCall trip was our annual camping tr...
-
Here was the "party" (I use that term loosely). Aubree wasn't a fan of diggin in the cake. She just refused. I don't ...
2 comments:
Holy Moley those are some big plants!!
I had never heard that about banana peels, maybe in my next home I can plant some vegys too and I will remember that.
Post a Comment