Tuesday, October 6, 2009

ft. stevens

Pull out all the camping stuff you JUST put away cuz here we go for one last adventure! The weather was so nice we couldn't resist! It was the Biehls idea and we thought it was such a great one, that we would invite ourselves!

We rode the Astoria trolley, visited the sea lions, had DQ (no coast trip is complete without ice cream!), did a drive by of the ocean, visited the waterfall and Mike and the boys went fishing! Well and of course we ate tons, roasted marshmallows and just played!!! Oh and got some time in on the iPod. I thought this picture was funny, the three kids layin' in bed all on an iPod playing games... Ok real quick, funny story. We are setting up camp and the man in the site next to us comes over. He says, "The raccoons are really bad, last night they actually got my cooler open and ate almost all of our apple pie." Me, "They got your cooler opened?!" Nice man next door, "Yeah just thought I'd warn you!" Kaylee pipes up in all seriousness, "Well good thing we didn't bring any apple pie!!! Geezzz." I guess the raccoons getting his cooler open wasn't the climax of his story for her, it was the apple pie! Ah I love kids...they are so cute!

I thought I was good by piling all of the food boxes and coolers up on top of each other and then putting the 12 pack of Coke on the top of them all. They will all be safe right?! We are all sitting at the table playing cards and we keep hearing this noise. Finally we go out to find a 12 pack of coke all over the camp site. The cans are in shreds and there are a dozen raccoons running around in circles hopped up on caffeine. Well ok that last part was a lie, but they did manage to rip the cans open those little...The boys took matters into their own hands and bought some bebe guns those little guys didn't stand a chance against Eric and Mike!!BEWARE, Mike takes his coke very seriously, tonight we will be ready!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

what a dork!!

Unknown said...

That picture of mike and erick is so funny! Erick said that was the most fun he had on a camping trip! You have to love boys with there toys!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...