I asked Jake if he did it and he told me no! I looked at him square in the eye and he said no. I then went upstairs to ask Kaylee. She asks, "what chair?" I asked her if it really mattered what chair? There is a chair downstairs with green permanent marker on it, did you do it? WHAT chair she asks again. I'm beginning to think maybe I don't know who did it, why is she avoiding my question? I decided to just send them both to their rooms and when someone was ready to be honest and tell the truth they could come out. This is so not fair...storm, stomp, stomp, stomp..."obviously it's JAKE! UH!" Says Kaylee! Awhile later they both wander downstairs so I assume they are ready to talk. I said on the count of 3 tell me who did it.1.
2.
3. And I pointed to the both of them and Kaylee says "Jake did it :)!" And Jake says, under his breath looking down at the floor "I did it :("
I could care less about the chair, I took an alcohol wipe to it and it came right off, but it was about the lie. Why would he lie to me that little turkey?! Grrr....I was so mad at him, but we had a good long talk about being honest and being repentant.
I noticed later there was some water on the floor under the chair and I asked where it came from and Jake said he snuck downstairs and tried to get it off. I guess I haven't taught them, hairspray and alcohol are for ink, not water and Kleenex!
Later on Spencey says, "When Dad gets home I'm going to tell him that you are a liar Jake!" They all know Dad hates a lair!
No comments:
Post a Comment